Helen Scott BVetMed CertAVP(CAT) PGCertVPS MRCVS has an interest in camelids and is a member of the British Camelid Veterinary Association and partakes in continued professional development to remain current with the evolving knowledge of these species.
Our services include:
- Health plans for owners of all experience levels, including established breeding herds.
- Modified Stoll’s testing for camelid specific faecal egg counts in associate with our partner laboratory Axiom.
- In house blood biochemistry and haematology profiling.
- Routine husbandry procedures: nail clipping, vaccination and ADE injections etc.
- Teeth trimming.
- Veterinary certification for insurance.
- Birthing assistance and caesarean.
- Reproductive assessment with endoscopy and ultrasound.
- Blood collection and plasma transfusion in cria.
- Hospitalisation facilities for cria and adult camelids undergoing treatment.
- Telephone support.
As vets working in the South West of Wales, we are all too familiar with the impact of tuberculosis (TB). Camelids do unfortunately get a bad press, however we are passionate about the biosecurity and testing of camelids to minimise the risks of this disease. The testing of camelids is currently under negotiation. Many of our clients are using the Enferplex test as part of the voluntary TB Camelid Health Scheme, through SureFarm. In addition we can offer the skin test and alternative blood tests.