Welcome to Carmarthen Veterinary Centre Farm Animal Practice.
The farm section at Carmarthen Veterinary Centre is staffed by a team of dedicated farm and equine vets. We do both routine and emergency work, as well as in-depth investigations where required. The out of hours service is staffed by large animal vets and is available 24-hours a day, 365 days a year come rain or shine.
As well as on farm visits, we have the facilities to treat sheep and calves in-house in our purpose built premises.
Our facilities and services include:
- Dairy routine fertility visits
- Beef routine fertility visits
- Sick animal calls
- Herd/flock health plans
- Mastitis investigations
- Nutritional advice
- Bull/ram fertility examination
- Surgery – on farm and in house
- Hospitalisation of calves
- In house laboratory including worm egg counts and microscopy
Farming Connect Scheme
Here at Carmarthan Veterinary Centre we accept vouchers from the government funded Farming Connect scheme. They offer vouchers to farmers to cover certain tests, helping to support you with your costs.
Examples of the type of testing available:
- Blood testing (trace elements, metabolic profiling etc)
- Faecal Egg Counting (FEC)
- Ram or bull fertility
- Ecto Parasites (Scab)
- Genetic disorders / Screening
- Bacteriology – culture and sensitivity
More details can be found on the Farming Connect Scheme on the Business Wales website.