Services offered include:
- Lambings and ewe caesarians.
- Umbilical hernia operations on calves.
- Hospitalisation of dehydrated/scouring calves, providing intravenous fluids under 24-hour care from our duty nurses.
- Milk fever bloods – results within the hour.
- Disbudding goat kids.
- Ram vasectomies.
- Ram fertility examinations.
- Piglet castrations.
- Skin scrape examination for sheep scab.
- Treatment of camelids.
We aim to offer a comprehensive service to all farmers. Our client base ranges from large dairy farms to small-holdings and so we understand that veterinary needs differ from farm to farm. We offer:
- Tailored advice on herd and flock health programmes.
- Mastitis investigations.
- Fertility in dairy and beef herds.
- Bull/ram fertility.
- Youngstock health advice.
Much of our on-farm work is fertility based with several dairy farms on routine two to four weekly visits and a developing beef fertility service. Ultrasound scanners allow us to diagnose pregnancy down to 30 days post service. Interherd+ is used to assess records, where available, to diagnose problems with fertility as well as mastitis/somatic cell count problems.
Many of our vets have undertaken further training, and several of them are BCVA Johnes Veterinary Advisors, and can help you develop a targeted action plan for your herds.